Research Areas: Mechanical Design, Bionic Robotics, Robotic Learning
Dr. Song Chaoyang received his Bachelor of Engineering degree from the School of Mechanical Engineering at Tongji University in 2009, and later received his Doctoral of Philosophy degree from the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in 2014. Between 2013 and 2015, Dr. Song was appointed as a Post-doctoral Research Fellow at the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the Engineering Product Design Pillar at Singapore University of Technology and Design. Before joining Southern University of Science and Technology, Dr. Song was appointed as a Lecturer at the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Monash University, Australia, between 2015 and 2017. Dr. Song has published more than 20 research articles in research areas including Mechanical Design, Bionic Robotics, and Robotic Learning.
◆Mechanical Design: Theoretical Kinematics, Overconstrained Linkages, Engineering Product Development
◆ Bionic Robotics: Bionic Actuators, Soft Robotics, Wearable Robotics
◆ Robotic Learning: Autonomous Grasping, Deep Neural Network, Logical Learning
◆Since Jun 2018, Southern University of Science and Technology, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Assistant Professor
◆ From Nov 2015 to Dec 2017, Monash University, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Lecturer
◆From Apr 2014 to Oct 2014, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Post-doctoral Research Fellow
◆ From Mar 2013 to Oct 2015, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Engineering Product Development Pillar, Post-doctoral Research Fellow
◆ Feb 2014, Nanyang Technological University, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Ph.D.
◆ Jun 2009, Tongji University, School of Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor of Engineering
◆ Finalist for Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Real-time Computing and Robotics, Angkor Wat, Cambodia, 2016
◆ Reviewer’s Favourite Paper Award, International Conference on Engineering Design, Seoul, Korea, 2013
◆ Young Delegate Award, International Federation for the Promotion of Mechanism and Machine Science, 2012
1. (2018) Holtta-Otto, K., Otto, K., Song, C., Luo, J., Li, T. and Seepersad, C., The Characteristics of Innovative, Mechanical Products – 10 Years Later, Journal of Mechanical Design (Accepted).
2. (2017) Yi, J., Liu, S., Song, C., and Wang, Z., Fiber-reinforced Origamic Robotic Actuator, Soft Robotics (Accepted).
3. (2017) Chen, Y., Wan, F., and Song, C.*, Modeling Rigid-Soft Interactions in a Bio-inspired Hybrid Actuator, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering (Accepted).
4. (2017) Wan, F. and Song, C.*, Logical Learning Through a Hybrid Neural Network with Auxiliary Inputs, arXiv: 1705.08200 [cs.AI].
5. (2015) Song, C., Feng, H., Chen, Y., Chen, I–M. and Kang, R., Reconfigurable Mechanism Generated from the Network of Bennett Linkages, Mechanism and Machine Theory, 88, 49-62. (doi: 10.1016/j.mechmachtheory.2015.02.003).
6. (2014) Song, C., Chen, Y. and Chen, I–M., Kinematic Study of the Original and Revised General Line-Symmetric Bricard 6R Linkages, Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, 6(3), 031002, Paper No: JMR-13-1057. (doi: 10.1115/1.4026339).
7. (2013) Song, C., Chen, Y. and Chen, I–M., A 6R Linkage Reconfigurable Between the Line-Symmetric Bricard Linkage and Bennett Linkage, Mechanism and Machine Theory, 70, 278-292. (doi: 10.1016/j.mechmachtheory.2013.07.013).
8. (2012) Song, C. and Chen, Y., Multiple Linkage Forms and Bifurcation Behaviors of the Double-Subtractive-Goldberg 6R Linkage, Mechanism and Machine Theory, 57, 95-110. (doi: 10.1016/j.mechmachtheory.2012.07.002).
9. (2011) Song, C. and Chen, Y., A Spatial 6R Linkage Derived from Subtractive Goldberg 5R Linkages, Mechanism and Machine Theory, 46, 1097-1106. (doi: 10.1016/j.mechmachtheory.2011.03.006).
10. (2011) Song, C. and Chen, Y., A Family of Mixed Double-Goldberg 6R Linkages, Proceedings of the Royal Society A, 468, 871–890. (doi: 10.1098/rspa.2011.0345).
◆ E-mail: email@example.com